1. Feeling like you’ve been stabbed in the eye when u get a bit of dust/fluff/a tear in your lense.
2. Feeling cheated at having to pay a monthly fee for the ability to see.
3. Falling asleep in your lenses and waking up to them glued to your eyeballs.
4. Losing a lense behind your eye and imagining how they are going to surgically remove your eye ball. Then it reappearing 5 mins later. Phew!
5. Dropping a lense on the floor and it immediately transporting to another universe through some invisible portal.
6. Going away for the weekend and having a moment of panic on the journey when you wonder if you remembered to pack your lenses or if you’ll be blind the entire trip!
7. Telling your optician you only wear your lenses a maximum of 10 hours a day and definitely take 2 rest days a week! When in fact you wear them 16 hours a day, 7 days a week! 365 days a year!
8. When you wear your glasses through the day for a change and everyone says “oh you need to wear glasses now?” When you’ve been wearing contact lenses to see for the last decade!
9. Your child’s weird fascination with your lenses and asking frequently if she can “touch them?” NOOO!!!!!!!!
10. Considering giving up your lenses, then realising you’re far too vein!
Anyone else or just me?!
As always, thanks for reading!